Sunday, March 10, 2013

Crock Pot Lasagna

I found this recipe in a Macey's grocery store flier while we were at BYU.
Thank you Macey's.
Seriously blew my mind, who knew you can make such things in a crock pot!
I have changed a few things to make it easier and more convenient to me.
Easy way to make lasagna when you have had a busy day and don't want to spend all day in the kitchen, plus healthier than store bought!

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 yellow onion chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1 24 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup water
1 (16 oz) container of ricotta cheese (or cottage cheese, which ever you prefer. I like ricotta)
8 oz shredded mozzarella
5 oz shredded Parmesan cheese (shredded is better, but I have also used powdered)
16 oz pkg. Lasagna noodles. Uncooked.

1. Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic. Stir in spaghetti sauce and water. Cook until meat is cooked and sauce is warm.

2. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the crock pot. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with a layer of cheeses. Repeat until all are used up. Ending with a layer cheese.

3. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment