Thursday, March 14, 2013

Samoan Pani Popo from 4men1lady

 I originally found this recipe from 4men1lady. 
Michelle, from 4men1lady, was actually one of my YW leaders when I was younger 
and now she is a blogging queen.

The original recipe can be found here

I did however tweek it a bit. 
Here is my rendition. 

Ingredients:
1. 1/2 cup sugar.
2. 1/2 can of coconut milk approx 10 oz.
3. Rolls. (You can make your own from scratch or just use the frozen ready made ones).
(if you are feeling ambitious, I typically make The World's Best Dinner Rolls from Our Best Bites) 
(if you are not feeling ambitious, like me last Sunday, then you can use Rhodes)


Step 1: Let the rolls rise until double in size.

Step 2: Mix 1/2 C Sugar with 1/2 can of coconut milk.

(here is where I change it up a bit)
I mix my sugar with my milk in a sauce pan and reduce it for about 5 minutes on high. This will give your glaze a stickier feel. But. if you are in a time crunch, you can skip this step.

Step 3: Pour your glaze over your unbaked, raised rolls.

 Step 4: Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Step 5: Enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment